I cannot save the world
on burnt toast and bad coffee.
I cannot preach the peace and love
with Folgers on my breath.
I cannot feed the homeless
if I can't even find the jelly.
This ain't my day for miracles;
I'm going back to bed.
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
15 comments:
This made me smile. Some days are like that. Best to start toner again.
Amen, sister!
Move over and try not to kick
Rick
Amen, sister!
Move over and try not to kick
Rick
Amen, indeed!! I'm right behind you!
ha. yeah somedays that is the best thing....
Quitter.
Folger's?
Some days are just that way. There's always tomorrow.
I agree with Rick. Move over. I need at least part of that blanket...
"I cannot feed the homeless
if I can't even find the jelly..."
I'd say, as long as you can feed the geckos, you're probably okay.
There's wisdom in knowing your limitations but it made me laugh how you said it!
Stress management, at its best.
Sounds like a plan! You are amazing, MZ. You always make me think to myself, "Oh, yeah, that's exactly how I feel."
I've been saving my little corner of the world on Folders and burnt toast for years. You can DO IT.
{smile}
I hear ya, sister. But I couldn't do any better even with gourmet coffee and all the right supplies close at hand.
Post a Comment