Give me wine
instead of whine
and cheese
instead of Cheez-Its.
Give me quaint, street side cafes
instead of Chuck E. Cheese's.
Give me chic! Give me style!
Listen to what I say.
Give me a break and take these kids.
Mom is French today.
Inspired by a fairly recent bestseller (Bringing up Bebe). It claims that French mothers are far more relaxed and happy than their American counterparts.
For Karin's prompt at dVerse.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(256)
-
▼
July
(25)
- Standards
- Skinner Box
- Wayward Arrows
- I Tried
- If They Can't Take A Joke
- Hieroglyphics
- That June
- A Woman's History
- Unfinished
- The Devil
- Roadside Stand
- Unanswered
- Constellations
- French Today
- Thirteen Seeds
- What We Wore
- Down At The Local
- Wood Of The Widow Maker
- Other Housewives
- Uncertainty
- Boxed Up / Boxed In
- Indecision
- Ghost
- Snapshots
- Ellipses
-
▼
July
(25)
Saturday, July 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
26 comments:
I drink to the wine and cheese ~ Cheers ~
Very cute. More wine and less whine is almost always a good idea.
Love it....let's have a "French" party!! You bring wine. I will bring cheese.
I heart Bebe Le Strange!
Oh, YES! Let's do French today!! I've got wine and cheese right here!!
Ah, motherhood and the need for self-care breaks! Comme tu as la sagesse.
haha mom is french today...smiles....there are days you just need a break..i had the boys all day a few days this week...and i needed a break...
Absolument! Terrif! Fun! k.
Oh, yes!!
Oh this is too cute, love it! Thanks, smiles. gardenlilie.com
I can get on board with this:
"Give me a break and take these kids. Mom is French today."
I need to read that book.
And...did they?
This made me smile....umm, I was muching a cheeze-it as I read that line...hmmm I'm a lil' bit American I'm guessing! Lol!
Really though, that was a fun write!!
a french break...this is what a busy mom needs every once and a while..ha..i like
=)
heh-heh - what a hoot! Excellent!
I find these days, when i'm not french, i'm mostly irish
(hic)
Rick
Oh, this is adorable!
Course they are..the wine is better,the lunches are longer and Eastern european au pairs are cheap:)
Feeling a bit neglected today Mama Zen? A good LOL your poem.
I thoroughly enjoyed this! Can I be French today too?
Magnifique!
Amen and amen--toute suite!
Perfect! Thank you.
well look at you. fuck em if they don't like rhymes. this belongs in a whole bunch of coffee table books. hmmm, sold where, Crate and Barrel?
Love it. good writer. thanks for sharing them.
Love it!
Post a Comment