Flat feet,
thick, dark hair,
a need to please
that bleeds all over
everything I touch.
Absent handed gifts
tied tight
with why did you leave
and forget me knots.
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
14 comments:
Ah, no one says it better! Love it!
A summing up of an entire novel, or a life, in such few words. The first stanza would stand out if the second wasn't just as good.
a need to please will get you in so much trouble...smiles...i agree with hedge you captured a life story in a few lines...
The last two lines are perfect for this piece, Mama Zen.
Nice to see you back, Kel. I missed your poems and you.
what they said!
♥
A strong write!!
"Absent handed gifts
tied tight."
Are we related? Great write.
Love the word play on forget me knots.
I had the same inheritance. Are we related?
a need to please that bleeds all over everything I touch- awesome line. Hope D-Day was fun.
The need to please that bleeds... there you have it. You nailed this tightly to the wall.
I didn't have the thick dark hair or flat feet but my own inheritance was huge in "a need to please
that bleeds all over
everything I touch." I love the simplicity (and complexity) of this poem, and admire the way you squeeze what feels like a lifetime of why-riddles into 9 short lines.
"Forget me knots"? Are you serious??? Could you be any more amazing?!
"a need to please
that bleeds all over
everything I touch" ... Really, this is the worst inheritance ever. I have this "gift" too.
Post a Comment