Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

It's Lust That Lays You Down

scratching and grasping at the headboard,
kicking grandma's quilt to the floor, and
untucking the sheets.

Then, after, laughs at the floral
skinprint
the mattress leaves.

Lust is in the body,
of the body,
and out of your head.

It's lust that lays you down;
love
makes the bed.

For Midweek Motif~Lust at Poets United

14 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh, those closing lines are so perfect! I love this!

said...

You should be very proud of this piece.

Marja said...

It's lust that lays you down, love makes the bed.....brilliant

Susan said...

What an ideal, total paradise with all the elements together.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

All wonderful, and oh! that love-ly ending.

Old Egg said...

Really brilliant. I am so pleased others took this path too with the prompt.

Magaly Guerrero said...

The first stanza left me grinning. Because, well... yes. The quilt always gets a kick.

Sumana Roy said...

So true. Love the playful note.

Thotpurge said...

Love that close.. terrific!

Carrie Van Horn said...

Sigh.......that last line is spot on!! I love this!!!!!

Sarah Russell said...

Well, others have said it too, but those last lines are killer!!!

purplepeninportland.com said...

Exactly what Sarah Russell says!

Fireblossom said...

Oh, honey....STAFF makes the bed.

Vivian Zems said...

Those closing lines ought to be framed. I really like this!

About Me

My photo
Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor