Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

You Are Beautiful

For six days there's been a boy
a delicious man/boy standing
on the sidewalk at the fuckiest corner
of my early morning commute.
He has a headful of thick, dissident curls.
His legs and arms are finely
muscled. Across his chest,  he holds
a big hand lettered sign:
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL
Drivers honk as traffic crawls
through the intersection.  I honk, too.
I wonder who he is and why he is.
I wonder if he'll be there tomorrow.
If he is, I might stop this car forever
and give him my face.

10 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

MZ--Those last two lines: deliciously naughty.

grapeling said...

whew!

brudberg said...

Oh the lure of beauty...

Rommy Cortez-Driks said...

You describe quite an attractive young man, and I'm not talking about (just) his looks. There is something so appealing about someone so willing to be so open with his random acts of kindness. Yeah, sweetness can be an aphrodisiac.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

People are rising up against the horrific darkness of the news and these times. There are You are Beautiful people here in our small village too, holding their signs and beaming smiles. Thank heaven!

purplepeninportland.com said...

When I was in a poetry group, we had a member who came to our meetings with wonderful signs around his neck. I hope he is still out there promoting peace and hugs. Love this!

said...

Yummy!

This is so funny: "at the fuckiest corner"

"He has a headful of thick, dissident curls." ... Now I want him too. This took me right back to high school, yard/garage parties at Paul's house, his most excellent music collection --- all because of the word "dissident." So thank you.

hyperCRYPTICal said...

A double yummy from me.
I think I might pull over too...
Anna :o]

funny bunny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
funny bunny said...

Was he there the next day?

About Me

My photo
Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor