The only hope for a daughter
to silence her mother
is to tear her own tongue
from her head.
For The Tuesday Platform at Real Toads
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
11 comments:
Gosh! This poem packs a lot of emotion. Sometimes we can't help but endure and hope for silence (and to some point harmony) to prevail.
We *are* our mommas, for sure. :)
You got that right. Love the utter honesty in this!!
Or her own unbidden admonitions from her mind. :-D
An honest blast of observation!
And even then, the tongue would turn it into a nightingale who sings all night outside the window.
And that silence will be even more unbearable...
Oh, I speak my mamaisms a lot these days.
A potent statement indeed.
My daughter silences me all the time. She is fiercer than i am. Lol.
Ahhh.... I have FOUR daughters - just imagine THAT. 23, 20, 18, 15 I have somehow survived and so have they :)
Post a Comment