The tag said hand wash only,
but I got busy living life
and careless tossed it
washer/dryer
shrunk it down
at least a size.
Oh, my precious, precious hair shirt!
I've worn it most my life,
but now it's tight
and doesn't fit right anymore.
For Poetry Pantry at Poets United
Sunday, July 23, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
21 comments:
Oh for God's sake you still look great in it :)
ZQ
I did that to a sweater--my favorite one--and finally tossed it--
I hate when that happens...wear it anyway!
Oh yes I can relate! But I am sure it still looks great on you!❤️
Ha Ha, I'm not aloud to use the washing machine any more. Enjoyed your poem.
Time to toss out the hair shirt and go Wild, kiddo. LOL. Loved this.
That totally blows. But, to follow on Sherry's steps, maybe it's a good reason to get another one. ;-)
Ha ha, I choose to understand the hair shirt as entirely metaphorical and rejoice that it no longer fits. A body might have to give up wearing it!
I've done that! Definitely a frustrating circumstance.
A hair shirt that's even tighter than it was before? Ugh!
I hope your hair shirt is replaceable. I have done that once in my life here on Earth. :(
A lessen. here. (what will You do)
Our lives are frought with events such as these. The real problem is not being able to find another one the same! I loved the poem.
...another funny thing about the blog and the comments is how many words got misspelled on the way...including mine!
Nice metaphor!
Perhaps it is best? Who likes a "hair shirt?"
If you've worn it most of your life, it's served it's purpose. Set yourself free!
Well, lucky for us, you'll just have to go topless... or maybe just find another shirt. :)
Girl, please. Throw that thing out!
I'm with Shay. ~
Post a Comment