On Sundays I study the sacred
and sort the laundry.
The difference
(if there really is a difference)
blurs when I'm washing whites.
We all want to get our stains out
and be clean again
We all want to be fresh
and sanctified.
For The Tuesday Platform at Real Toads
Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
12 comments:
The phrase "washing whites" made "white-washing" creep into my head.
In just 9 lines, you wrote something really fine. (That's as poetic as I can wax right now.)
There seems to be too many impurities to wash clean these days, but we can only hope to make a small difference.
Somehow I get "Out, damn'd spot! out, I say!" on my mind... yes the whitewash comes to mind too.
I love the mix of the sacred (scriptures) and the profane (dirty laundry)! Somehow I got an implied image of sanctified underwear. This was wonderful.
Spot on, Mama Zen, no pun intended.
I emailed you my response; it's one of "those." :)
yep - we def. want to get the stains out - and sometimes they seem to be quite resistant... but hey..i found a way to get rid of them...smiles
good to be reading you again
have a great day mama zen!
I'm not sure we all do – but it's a telling metaphor.
Any white elevators around here? Probably not.
Oops, i thought i commented, but i guess I never did! Laundry and spirituality, they match better than one might think.
I always seem to have a bit of yellow when I dip into the holy wash.
Distilled--we are a bit simplistic, I think! Not the poem--but people just want to feel that all can happen just by wishing for it--sorting through kind of harder though, I think. k.
Post a Comment