I put my fist in the dragon's mouth,
my finger to his fangs,
and he bit me.
Just a nip at first,
then locked jaw worse.
He bit me.
Straight through my skin.
I banshee'd when
he bit me. Little shit!
Now my fingernail is cracked, blue, and black,
but I didn't have the fire to bite him back.
For Poetry Pantry at Poets United
Sunday, June 12, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
18 comments:
work on that fire Mama
have a blessed Sunday
much love...
He bit me, little shit - I love your style Mama Z!
I have a feeling this is based on a very real experience.
Just like its the nature of the scorpion to sting, it might be the nature of the dragon to bite.
Tell him violence is never the answer. Then smack him.
One must be careful when playing with dragons.
It is a strong woman who puts her hand in the dragon's mouth and only comes out with a cracked nail. LOL. I love your fire!
Ha! loved the twist at the end of this poem...made me smile.
I agree, the twist at the end was fantastic :D
I also bet this is based on a true story...'little shit'!....my guess a beloved pet....made me smile!
Best left to the vet, I think, to check those teeth!
You could always insult his beard :) doubt it will change his mind any but hopefully give you relief.
I love "banshee'd" as a verb.
I've been there too, Mama Z. You don't get to bite back, though , what with that opposable thumb advantage. Loved.
~giggle~ When life surprises us with a bite we better be ready to recognize what's really happening. Wonderful!
We should never bite. But a good kicking? Yes, a good kicking is quite acceptable.
A little bite should not be allowed to take further bites. They get nastier without promptings!
Hank
I love your use of banshee. That evokes a real rebel yell. Love it! I have a black finger nail myself. There was some swearing involved.
Post a Comment