Alone
with a book
beats out
in a group
any day of the week,
any day that I'm weak.
When I can't bear the strain
of interacting, I'm safe
any day of the week,
any day that I'm weak
from cradle to hearse
in chapter and verse,
chapter and verse.
Cradle to hearse.
Chapter and verse.
Chapter and verse.
For The Tuesday Platform at Real Toads
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
11 comments:
Stellar. I completely identify.
That's my kind of book... :-)
Amen. Cradle to grave books are the best for solace.
Knowing you, it's probably a banned book!
I'm in complete agreement - I'd rather read a book than talk to 9 out of 10 people. And that means you too.
Yes, I often prefer "alone with a book."
I am turning in with a book as we speak.....I love the wordplay with weak/week, and the rhyming of chapter and verse, cradle to hearse.
That's a good thing to do, M.Zee. A romance? Murder mystery is appropriate some days. Back in my younger days I would go for a long motorcycle or motor scooter ride. My youngest, and single, son still does that.
..
I love the way your repetition leads us to find other words inside those repeated, like "hearsay," and "cradle to hers," for example. Also "chapped her and-verse."
Chapped, her ran-verse.
This is a girl's running-away poetry/music ... with chapped lips and maybe burnt skin, because she's parched and feels exposed and unprotected.
Yep!
Post a Comment