Clouds in my compass.
Rocks in my pocket.
In one hand a key,
in the other a locket.
I'm a mother, a daughter,
a step-child of heaven;
a Sisyphus sister;
a fool and her errand.
Gold in my teeth.
Weeps in my willow.
A stitch in my side
and snakes on my pillow.
A bruise on my cheek
for the meek shall inherit
a stone to be rolled -
another fool with an errand.
For Marian's prompt at Real Toads
Friday, April 1, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
20 comments:
Wow! This pretty much sums up our cosmic journey.
This is just fantastic. Ever single line is beautiful and the whole sings.
You rock my socks off, babydoll. Every flipping time.
Oh! Instant favorite. Just perfect! Wow.
I agree, this is pure perfection :D
Two thumbs up!!!
Our poor 'Sisyphus', reminds me of Army days as a new recruit. One day we would dig a big hole, the next day we would fill it in, went on for days. Not quite Hades though, the food was good.
I liked your collection of sayings and hadn't heard before "snakes on my pillow." Did you make up a new one for us?
..
Wow! Reminds me of the skipping rhymes from the plagues. . . . Perfect and horrible!
Wonderfully written, our lives of angst,,,
A step child of Heaven and a Sisyphus sister.......this poem could not be better.
Awesome, MZ...I love the list-y-ness of this...the swift reading lines. :)
I hear the music and feel the pulse of these magical words.
Wonderful--the sisyphus stuff is terrific. Thanks, MZ. k.
Loved loved this MZ--this is all of us I think
"Sisyphus sister" and "fool and her errand" are inspired! Nice start to t he month, darlin'. Amy
Truer than I'd like to believe.
This is so tightly, deftly written. In awe of your skill as always!
MZ--You have such a twisty, unique way of looking at the world.
A "Sisyphus sister" and "a stone to be rolled and "Weeps in my willow"...
Every day you do this?
How?
Wow! The rhythm of this blew me away! Absolutely gorgeous!
no one writes Grimm's jump-rope lyrics like you ~
Post a Comment