Cricket singing out of sight.
Cricket, cricket, hidey-hide
from gecko's grisly crich, crich, crunch
or you'll be grisly gecko's lunch.
For The Tuesday Platform at Real Toads
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
19 comments:
Fun with onomatopoeia! Love it!
gecko gecko shining green
in the spaces in between
tree trunk pillars, leaf mulch rug
hunting for a cricket bug
cautious now for safety’s sake
eschew the lizard chewing snake
but sadly there’s a fate that’s fowl
swallowed by a great horned owl
Cheers!
JzB
long live the crickets!! Love this Mama Zen!! :-)
Your gift - evoking so much, in so few lines. Loved this!!!!!!
I'm hoping those crickets hide well, I love their singing.
This poem sings!
I take it keeper of the geckos doesn't have a secondary role keeping crickets! A lot of fun. k.
luv all those sounds, fun piece
much love...
Hmmm. I like the sound of the little geckoes at night, a chirrup rather than a grisly 'crich'. I confess I had not thought of the fate of the poor crickets! :)
It sings indeed and just the song I needed today, MZ!!
Love it...your wording definitely creates the sounds in my mind.
Chew on that, Ma Nature.
Recently back from Trinidad's Rain Forest where this played out daily! We root for the geckos though since they keep the house bug free!
Clever!
dark little kids chant there, mz ~
Nice!
We have crickets in the basement who become cat fodder when they venture upstairs, one by one. :)
We have our fair share of both creatures.. personally I'm on the side of the geckos.
This is perfect fun.
Nice...It's a fun read.
Post a Comment