--- Salvador Dali
A girl is not a flower.Flowers are dumb.
Ground, seed, water -
bloom is just what they do.
But, a girl like me or you?
She must say "yes,
yes, yes!"
and topple worlds.
Revisiting Kerry's un-flowery flower challenge for Play It Again at Real Toads

24 comments:
Hell, yeah! Right-on, MZ! You tell it like it is. Wish we were neighbors so I could spy on your creative process. Tee-hee. That, and share poetry books & have coffee together. I've never, ever had a local poet-pal. Guess we're a rare breed. xo
Wonderful energy here, MZ! Thanks. k.
I love it, but then I do love everything you write -- even when the truth is sad!! Have a great weekend!!
And I stand here and listen to smart girls :-)
Nailed it!
Dali was a smart man.
Amazing, M.Z.!! Love the quote, too!
Wonderful quote - terrific poem.
"and topple worlds".....fantastic!
Do I even have to tell you how much I like this?
Yes, Yes, Yes . . .
Hell yes!!
Well said, MZ. A keen observation, beautifully expressed.
Maybe when Rose quakes to rouse the sour dead, maybe.
I'm an average guy, and my words are all I have, so I will believe you when you say that women aren't easily amused with mere words. Actions usually speak louder than words anyways.
Topple worlds, surely a big YES!
So clever - blooms really don't last that long anyway. Just love the way you think!
Topple worlds and not wilt, Yes!
Love both your poem and the quote!
How right! A girl is not a flower. Flowers wilt and girls topple worlds! Love the Dali quote too.
Nice argument, Mom. However, ...
My Mrs. Jim is a flower and much, much more. She is a queen and a princess. She is a goddess and a nymph, a lover and a pilgrim. She is whatever in the world you can find that is nice, sweet, beautiful, and smart.
I will have to speak for the other two guys, they meant to say this too. :)
..
Oh yes, we are home now, spent the afternoon and night yesterday with out kids and grand-daughter, KP.
..
Very inspiring!
Have a great week.
Love that strong ending line!
you definitely avoided any clichés with this one, MZ! love the idea of toppling worlds...
♥
good quote; a better pen, even ~
Post a Comment