I have an itch
for something meaner.
No more pretty words.
No fuck-me flowers,
no petaled lips.
No star strewn sky
or moon wet wish
can touch me today.
Not when I feel this way,
and everything's ugly.
For Open Link Night at dVerse
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
44 comments:
sounds like those days in the life of a woman to me..ugh...smiles
Mama--I have had days like this, and it resonates for me! Love it.
Hmm that time of the month? haha
I feel you! Some days are just that way.
I wish some of the women I know would just wear this poem on their chest when they feel this way. It is so fuckin' difficult to know until it is too late!
:-)
Boy, do I hear you!!!
I think we all hear you about this--sometimes I just don't want to be nice
I have had that kind of day myself!!
Wow, just speak yo mind, get it off yo chest, sister. Love reading where you went with this one. It's raw and worldly. Good for you.
Oh, yes!! I have had some of those!!
I used to feel like this, especially when I worked in the public sector and always had to be nice to people who were being extremely rude to me.
I hear ya.
ugh...there are def ugly days when nothing beautiful will matter....def understood...
These are days that are much worse than, and usually include a bad hair day! Been there, hated that...don't want to go to there again.
yeah... some days are just like that/this... and it takes courage to be honest and share the ugly truth publicly, no filter.
Love the "rawness" of feeling in this. Yes, sometimes there is no mincing words or getting away from the feeling. Great capture!
Ooh, I like this challenge.
except uni!
Oh yes, it's good to get it out of your system somedays...
oh, i know this feeling.
well put.
Been there too - well writ.
Hate those kind of days... Here's to the return of beauty.
Sometimes no-one is in the mood for a bunch of flowery stuff, mama. I couldn't agree more.
Pamela
oh boy, can i relate. lovely anger.
ya know, the funny thing is~we need these days too, or how would we know good days are good days?
and besides, the rage needs an outlet, and you let it out good!
'no moon wet wish...' lovely line, MZ, and you kind of nail how I feel about the whole holiday extravaganza some days.
Yep...some days everything is just ugh! Great write!
Ouch - yes moon wet wish wonderful line - k.
hedge quotes my favourite line: its a great line . . . anti-romance is my default so i can relate,but you pin point it to the thorn of a dead flower and present it with cool craft and brutal. effective style . . . which i find V.romantic :D
Sometimes you have to wallow in your mood...don't mess with me! I felt the mean.
This is my everyday, every-friggin' day, mood. ;)
yep, couldn't have said it any better, we all get in such a mood, what a great piece, really embodying that feeling well.
I liked the directness, the very in-your-face, take no prisoners approach. It was true and straight.
The Goddess rises, ready to zap out the pretentious and Hallmark-ish. Here's to Ugly!
Do you remember the Nicole Hollander comic strip "Sylvia"? I think a similar frustration reigned.
I know exactly how you feel. You have echoed it to perfection.
..short powerful write today... and nobody wants to feel that way...
good day!
Hell yeah! I know this mood....
Grab your black coffee and meet me with your camera!
Straight and neat and raw...brilliantly done! thanks
I hear the itch-bitch clearly; she runs with and through me regularly!
this time of year is especially itchy! thanks
Oo…right to the core. Faithfully spoken.
I like the ''No fuck-me flowers,'' it's so brutally out-there.
'Ugly' is trully de-picted.
I think it's 'Lovely.'
"No fuck-me flowers,
no petaled lips" Haha, love that!
The ugly days still make a good write, the way you do em.
The ugly serves a purpose... unfortunately it is hard to see when feeling this way. Nice!
Oh, I can identify with this, Mama Z!! Great expressing!!
Post a Comment