Pilgrims pew to get a view of God;
she never spills the coffee.
Faith is found in holy grounds
held by steady hands.
With the sign of the Sunday crossword,
St. Creola gives each a blessing
and a small to-go-with-God box
as the Queen purrs, "Come again."
Having a little fun with Ella's prompt at Real Toads. Hmmm . . . which Toad's "home" could this be?
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
20 comments:
Hmmmm...could it be the Succubus?!!
a small to-go-with-god box...ha...nice...
Danny's!!!
You are Fireblossom are at Danny's Cafe, lol
Love it :D
Oh now this is really clever! Danny's for sure!!!!!!!!! SO COOL!
So PuRRRRfect! ...they've already guessed it. :)
Those first couple of lines threw me off (Well, it can't be me with all the religiousity..LOL) then my AH moment arrived... There's religion, then there's St Creola.
Love it....hmmm I believe the ladies have figured it out. :)
I do not know this person, but I would like to! The priest of the God of coffee and lunch boxes and steady grounds and crayons . . .
lots of neat lines here, the holy grounds following the coffee, the steady hand symbolism, the to-go box and love the last line. Cool, fun piece MZ.
This is deeply wise while fun. Holy is every day everywhere- you said it!
Ha, I love your idea of holy grounds, MZ.
LOVE this! Especially "pew" as verb, and those holy grounds. Mmmmm.
Thanks so much, too, for your kind comment over at Toads today! :)
Wonderfully written, MZ, and agree with Mary on "holy grounds" and De on "pew" as verb. I love it.
K
somany words I love, who wouldn't want to meet this toad
And all the people said 'Amen!' Your word usage is a religious experience.
Very charming and the word play is terrific. K>
Now that I can type again, I wanted to tell that I just loved this. It put a big grin across my face!
What excellent word play! I love "Sunday crosswords." I would never have figured this one out.
st. creola and the small to-go-with-god box..ha..so good
Post a Comment