You're a rough draft.
A not good enough draft.
But, I'll make a man -
u-script out of you.
I'll cut,
edit,
and rewrite.
Discuss you with my crit group
on Thursday nights.
I'll purge,
polish,
and plot.
Develop whatever
character you've got.
Till happy or not,
we're ending.
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
12 comments:
haha fun word play....fixing any partner is night on impossible....crit group or otherwise...smiles.
The need to find perfection--love the crit group!
A hopeless task making someone over. Even ourselves. Loved the plays on words and humor.
So so clever and a lovely crisp music too. k .
Not sure this is limited to writers--was married to an accountant with a similar desire to balance my books.
They say that a woman marries a man thinking she can change him, but a man marries a woman thinking she'll never change. Anyway, this is what you get when you allow heterosexuals to get married.
I love love love the "I'll make a man-u-script out of you."
This was funny but oh so true...
Ha -- there is definitely truth here.
Oh, this hits a little too close to home... Truth has a way of doing that. :-)
Very clever. B
I can think of several writers who would get a kick out of this, especially the manuscript part. I'm impressed that you write and share so much poetry.
Ha ha ha! This is awesome. :) Hilarious closing.
Post a Comment