Catching a glimpse
through a window
I've no need to walk by,
I'm stopped -
fingers to the frame,
breath against the pane -
until the glass fogs,
and I am saved from myself.
For the Wednesday Challenge at Real Toads
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Maude Lynn
- Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days. ---Flannery O'Connor
15 comments:
Self-observation?
Unexpected and very interesting. :)
Beautiful and true, MZ! Hope you've had a good day1
Sylvia
You caught a moment, MZ. Clever title.
At least you recognized yourself in the mirror.
Wonderfully intense! Loved every line.
Good one and I also love the title.
Sharp look at our innate perversity, from which chance does indeed sometime save us.
This is an excellent capture of the moment - unwilling self-awareness and the best defense against it.
Intense and cool !
nice..i like how it was you that caught your eye...nice...
ha i like...sometimes all it needs to save ourselves from ourselves is a bit of hot air...smiles
Really interesting twist at the end there, another enjoyed write. Thanks
Nice and unexpected twist to the prompt.
There is such a sense of something about to happen after the first three lines. I especially like "a window I've no need to walk by" because it places you in the realm of "if only" and "what if" — I love it. So much suspense and drama in so few words!
Post a Comment