
If I squint just right,
I swear
I can see your lies
just like graffiti.
If I stare too long,
I swear
the words breathe
and slither like snakes.
If I tilt my head
and listen close
I can hear
the snakes start hissing.
"Not everything can be covered with a coat of paint."
Note to Shay: And then, someone dies.

25 comments:
Love it...No not everything can be covered Mama..you got that right...bkm
Oohh...I like that!
Well...as long as someone drowns or catches fire or something.
:-P
No, sometimes nothing can cover a wound that refuses to heal.
Well said, I really enjoy your prose/poetry.
That last line kicks quite a punch...
Like this ~
Like it: thoughful... :)
Cool. Love the use of the senses. And the paint.
Ms. Zen ... you nailed this one!
Truth on! Very well presented and effective. Great!
Love the 'graffiti' image, sassy Magpie.
I love it!
I really enjoy your writing. :-)
Short and to the point! ♥
Maybe if you slap enough paint on it might work? you think?
Loved every line you have said here!! Simple and says a lot!!
These lines penetrate the dark corners where insincerity hides in vain. Very powerful.
David
So true! Listen to those instincts MZ!
Love the words here and how they move so fluidly throughout the poem, like a slithering of a snake, which appropriately enough, you included such an image in the piece. Really enjoyed thanks:)
You're right, it isn't always so easy to cover things up. Especially when one isn't easily fooled.
Exemplary metaphorical life-smart work.
Beware hissing snakes...
How true! Great Magpie.
Excellenent, terse little Magpie. Thanks.
Excellent stuff - bravo!
Anna :o]
The closing line says it all...
We really can't cover everything, but we can tamper some ;)
Clever magpie!
Love hides a multitude of sin, almost.
Post a Comment